Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Baseem+Saad+
Baseem Saad

Baseem Saad

S Vawter Photo

S Vawter Photo

Baseem Saad

Baseem Saad, Staff Writer

It’s almost at the halfway point of the season and the team is learning a lot. As a team, the style of wrestling was relatively passive.

Let them make a move and capitalize on their mistake, but the coaches decided to change that up when it wasn’t working at the NW Duals.

“Let’s make a deal.  Every single one of you is gonna take the first shot,”  said Head Coach Roger Mathews.

In wrestling, being aggressive and offensive is usually the style that does best. They can’t attack you if you don’t stop attacking them.  

Day one we wrestled a very defensive style and we didn’t do as well as we could have; points were scored on us that should not have been.

Day two we changed it up, and the results were way different. We were almost unstoppable.

We never gave the enemy a chance to breathe. This realization that we are an attack style team came just in time, we are halfway through the season.

The varsity team has faced tough teams and we know now that winning is possible. We can beat the tough schools.

Every practice gets more and more intense. With state creeping closer and closer, the goal is clear and the will to achieve it is unbreakable.  

The team is much smaller than when we started with more than 50 wrestlers, but the kids who weren’t up for the challenge are gone and we’re left with only the strong (36).  All are willing to do anything to get to the end goal.  

With only half a season left,the wrestlers are “All In” and we are ready for war.

The mat room has a different feel to it. We have said goodbye to all the fun and games and decided that everyday is going to be a step up from the last.

We are pushing ourselves and our team because we all know that this is it. We are here to win, not medals, gold medals.

About the Writer
Baseem Saad, Staff Writer
Baseem Saad is a senior and this is his second year being involved in with The Talon. Saad is very involved athletically but not all of the sports he plays are school related. He joined the paper because, “I wanted to experience a different type of writing. I have always been interested in writing but...
  • Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Core Leaves CHS After 21 Years; Heads To Arizona

• Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Chromebooks Or Macs; District Faces Dillema

• Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Rugby Earns Trophy With First Win

• Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Sonam Reflects On Basketball Career

• Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Opinion

Should the Consequences of Skipping Class Increase?

• Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Eli Wraps 4 Years Of Hoops

• Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Ree Returns To Court

• Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Cam Gives Incoming Frosh A Few Tips

• Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Doumit Praises Poetsch On His Way Out

• Personal Perspective: Time Flies

Ado Reveals His Top 5 High School Moments

Personal Perspective: Time Flies