Homecoming Creates Week Full Of Activities

Ray

Homecoming parade starts off the night.

This past week consisted of very many traditional activities including an assembly, hallway decorating, parade and game, Eagle bite festival, and the homecoming court.

Wrobel
Football players get excited as the eagles near the end zone.

Centennial began the legendary week with the homecoming assembly.  The seniors placed first for their Scooby-Doo skit, sophomores in 2nd, juniors in 3rd, and freshman in last.  

Ray
The sophomore class wins the float competition.

All of the students were able to raise a total of $812 for Nick Lyngheim and his family during the miracle minute after the devastating accident he was in the week before.

Wrobel
Coaches and families gather to pay tribute to Nick Lyngheim.

Class hallway decorations were a great success this year and received many compliments about how well done they were.  Movies were the overall theme for this week.  Sophomores received first place for their animation movie decorations.  “Sophomores came into the day not expecting to win but placing first was a huge morale boost,” said sophomore class president Bailey Becker.  Following in second were juniors who had a superhero theme,   then the spooky seniors with a horror theme, and finally the freshmen with a sci-fi theme.  

Ray
Junior class float.

Spirit week has overall good class participation.  Monday-sports day, Tuesday-class colors, Wednesday-workout day, Thursday- 90’s throw back, Friday-Eagle out.

Saad
Reaghan Thomas poses with her 90’s outfit.

The parade started at 5:30, and game started at 7:00 against the Gresham Gophers.

Ray
Girls soccer walks in the parade.

The Eagle Bite was an overall success in fundraising for Centennial sports teams and clubs.  Domonique Andrews, a girls basketball team player said “It’s fun and a good way for the community to get together,”  Sophomores were “Raising bank,” selling lemonade. “It was frantic but helps us support our community,” said sophomore Tupou Fononga.

Ray
Girls basketball team members Ellie Basinski and Brooklyn Ramsey.

And to wrap up the week was the crowning of the homecoming Queen and King during half time. Nominees included Kyra Phung, Martha Tekie, Brandyn Dinh, Ana Miranda, Gehrig Bricker, Kathleen Pham, and Tyler Moua.  But in the end Miranda  and Bricker were crowned the king and queen.  “It feels nice knowing that my class voted for me,” said Miranda.

Wrobel
Homecoming king and queen.