Last Friday the Eagles played the Sandy Pioneers in a game that ended in a 50-60 loss for the Eagles

Back to Article
Back to Article

CHS Boys Basketball at Sandy.

CHS Boys Basketball at Sandy.

Christian Roberts

CHS Boys Basketball at Sandy.

Christian Roberts

Christian Roberts

CHS Boys Basketball at Sandy.

Mauricio Lemus-Vargas, Staff Writer

Last Friday the Eagles played the Sandy Pioneers in a game that ended in a 60-50 loss..

The Eagles stand at 2-13 heading into their next game against the 10-5 Gresham Gophers tonight.

At Sandy, “We were down 51-50 with about five minutes to go in the game. Sandy scored the last 9 points to close the game out,” says Head Coach John Poetsch.

Tommy Anderson had 19 points and Jimmy Barton had 15 against Sandy.

“Our biggest problem was we couldn’t contain Sandy’s best scorer. He had 16 points in the first half,” adds Poetsch.

The biggest challenge the Eagles expect tonight from Gresham is their switching of defenses, which can be hard to adjust to and cause confusion.

Gresham has three players that know how to score well, two of which are hard to contain, guards Daello Portin-Chapman and Ethan Abrahamson.

• Last Friday the Eagles played the Sandy Pioneers in a game that ended in a 50-60 loss for the Eagles

Top 10 Talon Articles From 2018-2019 School Year

Schloth Gives Update on Attendance Rates

Opinion

Is There Any Advice You Would Give to Incoming Freshmen?

Failing A Class Is Not The End Of The World

High School Elective Credit Available To Students

Rockwell Returns to Restaurant Industry, Leaves Feb 22

New Measles Outbreak; Time to Get Vaccinated

Former Grad Emma Chinchen Shares Her SkillsUSA Story

What Does The Pledge of Allegiance Symbolize?

Timothy Fu Inspires To Make A Difference