Track Ends With State Meet

Back to Article
Back to Article

Track Ends With State Meet

Junior Madison McHone, fifth from right to left, stands on the awards platform after one of her second place finishes last weekend.

Sonam Phuntsok, Staff Writer

The OSAA 6A State Championship track meet was held in Eugene last weekend. This year the Centennial Eagles were fortunate enough to have 10 athletes participate in the state meet; 6 girl athletes and 4 boys. The girls were Madison Mchone, Jaqiah Campbell, Angel Aluesi, Christina Rodriguez, Savannah Schultz and Sierra Schultz. On the other side the male athletes were Jimmie Barton, Koby Scheetz, David Sanchez and Raven Lickey.

The girls finished sixth in the state, mostly behind McHone’s two second-place finishes, and a fourth place finish.

Sophomore Barton finished third in the 100m which was an improvement from the previous year where he finished 5th. He ran the best time he’s ran at state with a time of 10.76 seconds.

McHone, a junior, placed second in the 100m hurdles with a personal record of 14.73 seconds. She also placed second and fourth in the 300m hurdles and the high jump, respectively, running in 44.94 seconds and jumping 5’4.

Senior Scheetz finished twelfth in the shot put throwing for 45’5 feet. Junior Campbell and sophomore Rodriguez finished 8th and 13th in the javelin. Campbell set a personal record throwing 36.99m and Rodriguez threw for 35.38m. Lastly, junior Savannah Schultz placed 2nd in the Pole Vault jumping 11-06.25 feet.

Coach Greg Letts was proud of his athletes that participated in the state meet despite the outcome. He said, “The state meet is the ultimate meet for every track

athlete. Getting to participate, getting on the podium by placing in the top eight or winning the event is the desire of any athlete.”

• Track Ends With State Meet

Measure 98 Gives Metal Shop A Makeover

• Track Ends With State Meet

Opinion

Halting Hallway Havoc

• Track Ends With State Meet

Opinion

Avoid Abusive Relationships

• Track Ends With State Meet

Opinion

Coach’s Corner, Part 2

• Track Ends With State Meet

Paul Opens Up About Teaching, Goals

• Track Ends With State Meet

Opinion

What Did You Think Of The Winter Assembly?

• Track Ends With State Meet

Opinion

Adviser, Coach Introduces Girls Basketball Team

• Track Ends With State Meet

Opinion

Where Did You Go To College And What Was The Experience Like?

• Track Ends With State Meet

SLIP Test Sheds Light on Language Credit Opportunities

• Track Ends With State Meet

90% Attendance Required For Saturday’s Formal

Track Ends With State Meet