Girls Tennis Serves A Whole New Roster

In+May+of+2017+Senior+Aunalyn+Colipano+takes+a+swing.+Coach+Peterson+was+optimistic+when+discussing+the+upcoming+season.+
In May of 2017 Senior Aunalyn Colipano takes a swing. Coach Peterson was optimistic when discussing the upcoming season.

Carscallen

Carscallen

Adnan Agic, Staff Writer

The upcoming season for Girls tennis is starting and that means that the new single and doubles teams have been made. The singles players consist of (1) Lena Karam, (2) Mary Karam (3) Miki Moua (4) Diane Nguyen. The doubles teams are (1) Avelina Borovskiy and Kailea Messenger (2) Sarah Lee and Olivia Harms (3) Louise Kim and Britney Ta and (4) Kelly Tran and Sheyla Luna Torres. There is a lot more diversity of experience in this year’s team compared to last year’s. Last year there were many seniors on the team and with them gone many underclassmen are now brought up to compete and challenge for the top spots.

Although that is the set order for now, there is always a challenge bracket if a player would like to move up a spot, so the order could always change. The way it is set up now is what gives the players the best chance to win matches, along with establishing who the best players are.

Coach Ben Petersen had this to say about the upcoming season, “I’m really excited for the season, I think we have some players that can go far in districts and do really well while also adding 11 new players which will help us establish longevity in the program. But we did have to make cuts because unfortunately we don’t have many facilities and paid coach positions to be able to have everyone on the team. A main goal for this season is trying to find a balance of improving skills while being able to get everyone to play and have fun.”

About the Writer
Adnan Agic, Staff Writer
Adnan Agic is a senior at Centennial High School and this is his first year being involved with The Talon. Agic is very involved with sports outside of school and has also played on the basketball team here at Centennial. He joined the paper because he has a passion for writing and this class gave...
  • Girls Tennis Serves A Whole New Roster

Core Leaves CHS After 21 Years; Heads To Arizona

Chromebooks Or Macs; District Faces Dillema

Rugby Earns Trophy With First Win

Sonam Reflects On Basketball Career

Opinion

Should the Consequences of Skipping Class Increase?

Eli Wraps 4 Years Of Hoops

Ree Returns To Court

Cam Gives Incoming Frosh A Few Tips

Doumit Praises Poetsch On His Way Out

Ado Reveals His Top 5 High School Moments

Girls Tennis Serves A Whole New Roster