Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Back to Article
Back to Article

Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Teacher Rob Havrilla thinks his puppy, Timber, is a lap dog! Timber is the offspring of teacher and coach Justin Rosenblad's dogs. Rosenblad passed last spring after a long battle with cancer.

Keona Havens, Cub Reporter

Having a memory of someone when they pass is like keeping their spirit alive.

This story started with Justin Rosenblad and his wife Denise Rosenblad and their four girls.

Justin was a big part of the school as a teacher, coach and advisor, and had been a soccer star at both Centennial and in college before he returned to CHS to coach.  “Justin was a player,coach and fan,” said long time co-worker and friend, teacher Rob Havrilla.

A couple of years ago, the Rosenblads got two English Cream Golden Retrievers. Around this time Justin got diagnosed with stomach cancer.  After more than a year of fighting the disease, Justin passed, leaving a hole in many people’s lives.

In the midst of all this, the Rosenblad’s two retrievers became parents to 10 little, cream-colored puppies.

So now it was Denise, the girls, two dogs and 10 puppies.  Havrilla, who had just put his own dog down,  said “That’s (puppies!) a lot of stress to put on them as a family, especially without their father.”

And, you guessed it, Havrilla soon had one of his close friend’s puppies, which he named “Timber” because of Justin’s love for soccer and the Portland Timbers.

“Timber is an incredible affectionate dog. He always just wants to lay his head on my lap” Havrilla said of his new family member.

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Top 10 Talon Articles From 2018-2019 School Year

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Schloth Gives Update on Attendance Rates

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Failing A Class Is Not The End Of The World

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

High School Elective Credit Available To Students

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Rockwell Returns to Restaurant Industry, Leaves Feb 22

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

New Measles Outbreak; Time to Get Vaccinated

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Former Grad Emma Chinchen Shares Her SkillsUSA Story

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

What Does The Pledge of Allegiance Symbolize?

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Timothy Fu Inspires To Make A Difference

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Newsies Auditions Begin Today

Timber Joins Havrilla Family