The Centennial Talon

The student news site of Centennial High School

The Centennial Talon

The Centennial Talon

NFL (Taylor’s Version)

Since September 24th, 2023, the NFL has turned into something bigger than the whole sky. Taylor Swift made her first debut appearance at the Kansas City Chiefs game to support her newest boyfriend, Travis Kelce.
Since showing up to the first Kansas City Chiefs game, all the talk has been how Taylor Swift has taken over the sports world. Anytime Taylor was at the games, the Broadcasters would show her. They even went as far as to change their twitter name to NFL (Taylor’s Version) to show their support.
Now with the confirmation of Kelce and Swift’s relationship, there are good and bad reactions. The girls thought this was the best thing to happen, Kelce would fly out to watch Taylor’s Eras tour and she would fly out to watch his games. Which made more and more Swifties, Taylor’s fanbase, tune into football which got football fans pretty upset. On December 17th, 2023 the Chiefs went against the Patriots and when Swift was shown on the big screen fans erupted into boos, upset at the fact she had been there.
According to Buzzfeed, some assumed to believe that she pointed to the crowd and said “I knew this was coming” which caused her fans to become defensive of the artist. Her fans didn’t understand why it was such a bother that Taylor was at the games or why her cheering her own boyfriend on upset so many. NFL fans proceed to fire back with comments such as “We came to watch football not Taylor Swift” or how they “couldn’t care less about her”.
This is all the talk for the last four months of her attending games and people still have issues with it. Football fans are upset because every time the Chiefs score Taylor would be shown cheering, or if Kelce got hurt they would show how shocked she looked, and they believed that wasn’t right.
However, Taylor and her fanbase may be one of the most popular things in the world. With her popular Eras tour, and re-recording of old albums, Concert theater box office success, The NFL want to capitalize on building a consumer viewership that was previously out of reach. . Between the mixed emotions from NFL fans and Taylor fans, you never know what you’re gonna get from her being at the games, which is why it continues to be extremely relevant in the media.
As shown in the last four months, this will always be an up and down conversation. Some are gonna hate it, some are gonna love it, and some may not care at all. No matter what, Taylor is gonna keep supporting Travis at his games and nothing can stop it. The NFL (Taylor’s Version) is here to stay.