The Centennial Talon

The student news site of Centennial High School

The Centennial Talon

The Centennial Talon

Back to School after 2 Weeks Off

Welcome back to the halls after two long weeks, Centennial. After celebrating Christmas, New Years, and possibly birthdays, it’s time now to focus back on school.
Focusing on school after being gone for what may feel like a lifetime may be difficult to some students, if not most. It’s important to get back into our routine (getting up early, doing assignments, remembering deadlines, etc.). It’s difficult to come back to school after the two week break, the whole school seems to be in a slump for the first couple of days.
Winter break is the second break Centennial has had this year. But it doesn’t make falling back into routine any easier. You always want to look forward to breaks but the aftermath always feels so rough after destroying the habit you’ve built up for those 1-2 weeks. Whether you worked the whole time or lounged around and did nothing, it is difficult to think you’re going back to your full time job, school. Readjusting your schedule can feel out of the ordinary and send you into different moods but the majority of students and maybe even teachers, are going through the same thing.
Everyone needs time to adjust back to school life again. The only thing you can do to make it feel better is stay positive throughout the process and find little things to provide you motivation. You can always look forward to the end of the school day or spring break, end of the term, and days off. But what provides good motivation is looking forward to living in the moment and appreciating high school as it comes. High school is all about living right then and there and that could be the best motivation for anyone. Think about what’s happening right now in school rather than waiting for it to end. If you’re going to look forward to something, look forward to prom, spring formal, spirit weeks, etc. Let the good things be your strive of motivation to push through the year. As long as you can find your personal way/strategy to make this process even a little easier, that is what matters. Start with consistency; motivate yourself by getting a good night’s sleep, eat right, and most importantly don’t fall into a slump before you get started. So, good luck to readjusting to school and your routine, Centennial.