Senior Night Football Game

More stories from Ajla Agic 

Being able to play in front of a crowd of friends and loved ones cheering you on is something these seniors got to experience one last time.

The seniors played their last home game against Barlow on Thursday, October 28th. It was a bittersweet moment for everyone there. Parents and students were there supporting the team one more time. Although, due to COVID the season wasn’t that different considering players got to play without masks and got crowds at their games.

I interviewed senior Dakota Suchla about his last high school football season playing for Centennial. Dakota has been playing for 7 years, 3 of those being in high school. This is his first year playing on varsity.

“Record wise, not very good but I’d say as a team we definitely improved significantly from where we left off sophomore year” Suchla said, as I asked him how he thinks the team performed this season.

The team’s record this year is 2 wins and 7 losses.

I also interviewed senior Cameron Stark, asking him about how he feels now that the season is over.

“It sucks, It’s weird not being able to practice everyday again and not play the sport again. It just sucks.”

This is Stark’s second year on varsity, he has played all 4 years in high school.

Both Cameron and Dakota would possibly play in college if they were given the opportunity to but plan on going to trade school or college.