Ever hear one of those millennials say something and you just don’t understand what it memes? This handy-dandy dictionary is the perfect way to understand your friends when they talk about their slew of emotional issues!
Alexa Play Despacito
/ˈaleksˈa plā despôsētō/
1. When one has experienced something troubling and wishes to display their emotion.
<This is so sad! Alexa play Despacito.>
1. A term used to refer to those known in meme culture.
2. A term of endearment to those with whom you share history.
<What’s bopping my 🅱️s?>
1. A funky song.
2. Something funky.
<What an absolutely boombastic track, my dudes!>
Can I Get An F in the Chat?
/kan ī ɡet an f in T͟Hē CHat/
1. When one has experienced a death/traumatic failing.
<Epic fail. Can I get an F in the chat my guys?>
1. Something Unfortunate.
2. A method of paying respect.
<I heard your grandma died yesterday. I wanted to come over to F.>
1. Reference to valuable possessions.
2. Another word for “cool”
<Look at this gucci wristwatch!>
1. When one wants to express displeasure.
<Oof, I hate that>
1. Adding emphasis.
2. Noting that they care deeply about whatever they’re talking about.
<Highkey, I wish Mr. Graphite would stop talking about his personal problems.>
1. Expressing displeasure.
2. Expressing honesty.
<I honestly wish Jeffery would stop talking about the 2018 election.>
I Can’t Even
/ī kant ēvən/
1. Expressing displeasure/disbelief.
2. When one is fed up with a situation.
<I can’t even believe this is happening.>
1. A loss.
2. To lose something.
<We just took the fattest L.>
1. Something that sparks joy.
<That tractor is pretty lit.>
1. Expressing displeasure.
2. Expressing confusion.
<You’re serious? This is literally happening?>
1. Expressing Appreciation.
<Wow, love that.>
1. Adding Emphasis.
2. When one wants to comment on something without making it a big out of said thing.
<Lowkey, I’m really worried I won’t be able to afford a good college education.>
1. When one can relate to whatever the respondee has just said.
2. When one shares an emotion with another.
<That egg is a giant mood, lol.>
1. When one can relate to a feeling or character.
<Haha, that toy pig is me.>
1. A typically funny photo with words on it.
<Hey, do you want to see a meme?>
1. A reaction to something troubling.
2. A reaction to being punched in the stomach.
<Oof. That breakup text hurt.>
1. An particularly scathing insult.
<Woooah, that guy totally roasted you.>
1. A jealous remark or person.
<Ooh, that’s a lot of salt for one morning.>
1. When one can relate with something said.
<Same. I feel that.>
1. Your squad.
2. A reference to someone’s crown.
<Okay my sisters, it’s time to bust his tiers.>
1. An erect posture in which the t-pose-e is standing with his arms spread wide. This move usually resembles the letter T. This posture is meant to elicit fear or to establish dominance.
<Oh no, that guy is totally T-posing on you. Are you gonna T-pose back?>
1. Something or someone with a high density.
2. An object or person that is larger than what is normal.
<That goat? She’s hella thicc.>
1. A fan of a person or an action.
2. Support of an action.
<That hat? I stan.>
1. Rumours or exclusive information.
<The fresh tea today is that Carol was seen playing roblox with another man.>
1. A seven second humorous video.
<Did you see that vine I sent you? It’s pure comedy gold.>
1. A sense of composure in a person.
2. Losing a wig is a reference to being caught off guard by a political viewpoint.
<My wig has been snatched.>
1. A reference to an unusual situation.
<The bus broke down yesterday? That’s wild.>
1. An exclamation when something good or wild has occurred.
2. A greeting for those you feel comfortable around.
<Yee Haw my guys. What’s going down?>
This Ain’t It Chief
/T͟His ānt it CHēf/
1. One failing a simple task.
2. A reaction to something cursed or troubling.
<Wow, this ain’t it chief.>
1. Throwing something/someone.
<This bottle is empty. YEET.>