Homecoming Week Was Full Of Excitement

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming Week Was Full Of Excitement

Students cheer in the stands at Homecoming. The football team heads to McMinnville for Friday's game.

Ingram

Ingram

Ingram

Meera Forespring, Staff Writer

Based on everyone’s enthusiasm last week, this year’s CHS Homecoming was a great success.  The Friday event was kicked off with the bright and colorful homecoming parade! The streets were full of beautiful floats thanks to the hard work of CHS Eagles and supporters. The Eagle Bie provided a diverse plethora of sweet treats, savory snacks, and even face painting. It is no wonder that the stands were flocked full of excited students, friends, and families.

The cheer and dance teams gave lovely performances before the main event: the homecoming game. The national anthem was sung by senior Jackson Autry.  

The juniors won the homecoming contest this year with their sugary sweet hallway decor, an impressively choreographed Candyland brawl skit, and tasteful homecoming float.

Homecoming would never be complete without its homecoming princess, princesses, and of course the king and queen.  This year’s homecoming court was comprised of Nick Garcia, Madison McHone, Brad Le, Kelly Tran, Gavin Lickey, Natalie Sato, Kendall Beasley, and Megan Blaga. The students of CHS elected McHone and Garcia as homecoming queen and king, but in a shocking turn of events Garcia gave his crown to Beasley.  

School spirit was at an all time high during the homecoming game! Students wore, ribbons, jerseys, and even decorative ‘war paint’.  

After the game, the Eagles are rejoiced their victory over the Century High Jaguars.  The game was ended with a 55-28 score on the board. Go Eagles!

“I’m looking forward to see what we do for next year’s homecoming, and I’m sure that other students are as well,” said sophomore Milana Oliphant.

About the Writer
Meera Forespring, Staff Writer

Meera Forespring is currently a sophomore at CHS and this is their first year in the CHS Talon.  They are an active member of the LGBTQ+ community and...

• Homecoming Week Was Full Of Excitement

SLIP Test Sheds Light on Language Credit Opportunities

90% Attendance Required For Saturday’s Formal

Thursday Marks Annual NHS Blood Drive

Many Students Praise REAP

One Act Auditions Today!

Aaron Gives Tips for Flu Season

Kue Signs To Wrestle At Ohio State!

Strikes On Windows Kill 1 Million Birds A Year In US

PSAT, SAT Scores Available Soon

Jostens Order Deadline December 15

Homecoming Week Was Full Of Excitement