Track Ends With State Meet

Junior Madison McHone, fifth from right to left, stands on the awards platform after one of her second place finishes last weekend.

Sonam Phuntsok, Staff Writer

The OSAA 6A State Championship track meet was held in Eugene last weekend. This year the Centennial Eagles were fortunate enough to have 10 athletes participate in the state meet; 6 girl athletes and 4 boys. The girls were Madison Mchone, Jaqiah Campbell, Angel Aluesi, Christina Rodriguez, Savannah Schultz and Sierra Schultz. On the other side the male athletes were Jimmie Barton, Koby Scheetz, David Sanchez and Raven Lickey.

The girls finished sixth in the state, mostly behind McHone’s two second-place finishes, and a fourth place finish.

Sophomore Barton finished third in the 100m which was an improvement from the previous year where he finished 5th. He ran the best time he’s ran at state with a time of 10.76 seconds.

McHone, a junior, placed second in the 100m hurdles with a personal record of 14.73 seconds. She also placed second and fourth in the 300m hurdles and the high jump, respectively, running in 44.94 seconds and jumping 5’4.

Senior Scheetz finished twelfth in the shot put throwing for 45’5 feet. Junior Campbell and sophomore Rodriguez finished 8th and 13th in the javelin. Campbell set a personal record throwing 36.99m and Rodriguez threw for 35.38m. Lastly, junior Savannah Schultz placed 2nd in the Pole Vault jumping 11-06.25 feet.

Coach Greg Letts was proud of his athletes that participated in the state meet despite the outcome. He said, “The state meet is the ultimate meet for every track

athlete. Getting to participate, getting on the podium by placing in the top eight or winning the event is the desire of any athlete.”

About the Writer
Sonam Phuntsok, Staff Writer
Senior Sonam Phuntsok is a second year journalist for The Talon. He is a big sports enthusiast , and especially likes basketball.  Phuntsok enjoys spending time with friends and family but basketball is always on his mind.  He also enjoys listening to rap music. He was given a basketball before he could walk and since...
  • Track Ends With State Meet

Core Leaves CHS After 21 Years; Heads To Arizona

• Track Ends With State Meet

Chromebooks Or Macs; District Faces Dillema

• Track Ends With State Meet

Rugby Earns Trophy With First Win

• Track Ends With State Meet

Sonam Reflects On Basketball Career

• Track Ends With State Meet

Opinion

Should the Consequences of Skipping Class Increase?

• Track Ends With State Meet

Eli Wraps 4 Years Of Hoops

• Track Ends With State Meet

Ree Returns To Court

• Track Ends With State Meet

Cam Gives Incoming Frosh A Few Tips

• Track Ends With State Meet

Doumit Praises Poetsch On His Way Out

• Track Ends With State Meet

Ado Reveals His Top 5 High School Moments

Track Ends With State Meet