Ellen Pearsall Says Goodbye after 23 Years

Ellen Pearsall stands outside lecture room classroom. Pearsall looks forward to the many adventures that come with retirement.

Young

Young

Daniella Young, Staff Writer

After working as an educational assistant for 23 years, Ellen Pearsall will be retiring at the end of the school year.

Throughout the experiences of working with different teachers, Pearsall has learned about working with them as a team in order for students to succeed, in addition to becoming familiar with the structure of how teachers run their classrooms.

Over the years, Pearsall’s job has brought great pleasure and special meaning to her life.

“I enjoy just being in the classroom with the students and working to help them to their best abilities,” she said.

Pearsall’s favorite memory at Centennial happened 10-12 years ago when the school was undergoing an extensive remodel.

On the first day of school in cooking class, the students were baking and when they went to turn the ovens on, the students discovered that there was still leftover spray in the ovens which activated the fire alarm, and everyone exited the building.

“It was actually pretty hilarious,” she laughed.

As for retirement ambitions, Pearsall hopes to volunteer at her grandson’s grade school and Shriners hospital for children.

Pearsall is also looking forward to the countless adventures that retirement brings to the table.

“Possibly, we might be going to Australia in November,” she stated.

For future students, Pearsall emphasized that being diligent and respectful are key.

“Be responsible for yourself and do what is asked (of you),”said Pearsall.

For future educational assistants, Pearsall encourages flexibility and respecting students while having fun with them but making sure that they’re aware of what educational assistants represent.

Although Pearsall is looking forward to retirement, she will miss the Centennial community deeply.

“It’s going to be very hard for me to retire, but I want to travel and spend more time with my grandson and my husband,” Pearsall remarked.

Pearsall has learned many life lessons throughout her teaching experiences and is joyfully transitioning into a new stage of life.

“Life is full of phases and I’m just entering a new phase of life.”

About the Writer
Daniella Young, Staff Writer
Daniella Young, 16, is a junior and enjoying her first year of advanced journalism. She took Beginning Journalism her freshman year, and loved it, so she decided to take the advanced class. When she’s not writing stories, she loves to walk her dog, play guitar, sing, act, read, volunteer, hang out with friends, perform at...
  • Ellen Pearsall Says Goodbye after 23 Years

Swifts Return Like Clockwork

Personal Perspective: Milana Talks Girls Rugby

Dress Code Helps Keep Student Focus

Core Leaves CHS After 21 Years; Heads To Arizona

Chromebooks Or Macs; District Faces Dillema

Rugby Earns Trophy With First Win

Sonam Reflects On Basketball Career

Eli Wraps 4 Years Of Hoops

Ree Returns To Court

Cam Gives Incoming Frosh A Few Tips