Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

A group of Aussies gather outside of Rachel Davidson's 2nd period class. Every Aussie had some interesting things to say about their visit.

Pease

Pease

Emilee Pease, Staff Writer

This past week 40 Australians came to Oregon to stay with Centennial families for 10 days.  During the school day they went to some of Oregon’s signature attractions, such as Seaside, Multnomah Falls, Downtown Portland, and attended a day at Centennial on Thursday, Jan. 11.

The Talon asked the Aussies:  How’s your trip to America been so far? How is life ‘Down Under” different from life here?

“The weather could be better, and the food’s really salty (here).  And we drive on the other side of the road,” said senior Lachlan Turner.

“It’s good, but people in public are a little rude. No one says your welcome but it’s not that much different,”  said senior Allissa Redman.

“It’s weird, but exciting. I miss the kangaroos, and there’s no fun wildlife. But the architecture is nice,”  said senior Tylah Syme.

“Pretty good, you guys have bad highways. You need to spend more money on the highways than on the military.”  said senior Lauren Tranerry.

“It’s different, there’s sugar in everything, and peanut butter. I enjoyed seeing the differences and comparing them,” said senior Skye Speechley.

“It’s very different. People are able to express themselves more freely here,” said sophomore Harrison Turner.

About the Writer
Emilee Pease, Staff Writer
Emilee Pease is a sophomore and this is her first year on staff. Outside of journalism she is the co-captain of the girls golf team because it “involves no running” and was the mascot her freshman year. She enjoys music, reading, watching movies and camping with her family. Pease is also a lover of Taco...
  • Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Core Leaves CHS After 21 Years; Heads To Arizona

• Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Chromebooks Or Macs; District Faces Dillema

• Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Rugby Earns Trophy With First Win

• Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Sonam Reflects On Basketball Career

• Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Eli Wraps 4 Years Of Hoops

• Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Ree Returns To Court

• Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Cam Gives Incoming Frosh A Few Tips

• Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Doumit Praises Poetsch On His Way Out

• Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Ado Reveals His Top 5 High School Moments

• Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

David Reminisces About His Career

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!