District Report Card Supplies Lots Of Statistics

Established in 1959, Centennial High School is currently ranked 29 among 328 Oregon high schools according to at least one statewide report card.  

Here is a rundown of some interesting statistics that are presented 

• Generally speaking, Centennial has a diverse student body with 49% being Caucasian, 24% of Latin descent and 14% being Asian.   Centennial’s students speak 34 different languages.
  • 68% percent of Centennial students have 90% attendance or better; meaning 10% of the student body misses at least one day of school every two weeks.  
  • 58% of Centennial High students are considered economically disadvantaged, qualifying for free or reduced lunch.  The number is much higher at district elementary schools, so the high school number will certainly rise in the years to come.
  • 39% of Centennial students have either taken an English language development class or are currently completing one.
  • The average student to teacher ratio for an Oregon high school’s math class is 24:1 compared to Centennial´s 28:1.
  • The average student to teacher ratio for an Oregon high school´s science class is 26:1 compared to Centennial’s 28:1.
  • The average student to teacher ratio for an Oregon high school´s social studies class is 27:1 compared to Centennial’s 31:1.

Here’s a link for more information: