Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Teacher Rob Havrilla thinks his puppy, Timber, is a lap dog! Timber is the offspring of teacher and coach Justin Rosenblad's dogs. Rosenblad passed last spring after a long battle with cancer.

Keona Havens, Cub Reporter

Having a memory of someone when they pass is like keeping their spirit alive.

This story started with Justin Rosenblad and his wife Denise Rosenblad and their four girls.

Justin was a big part of the school as a teacher, coach and advisor, and had been a soccer star at both Centennial and in college before he returned to CHS to coach.  “Justin was a player,coach and fan,” said long time co-worker and friend, teacher Rob Havrilla.

A couple of years ago, the Rosenblads got two English Cream Golden Retrievers. Around this time Justin got diagnosed with stomach cancer.  After more than a year of fighting the disease, Justin passed, leaving a hole in many people’s lives.

In the midst of all this, the Rosenblad’s two retrievers became parents to 10 little, cream-colored puppies.

So now it was Denise, the girls, two dogs and 10 puppies.  Havrilla, who had just put his own dog down,  said “That’s (puppies!) a lot of stress to put on them as a family, especially without their father.”

And, you guessed it, Havrilla soon had one of his close friend’s puppies, which he named “Timber” because of Justin’s love for soccer and the Portland Timbers.

“Timber is an incredible affectionate dog. He always just wants to lay his head on my lap” Havrilla said of his new family member.

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

News

Students Have 20 Days to Change Classes

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Hygiene For Humanity Strives For Success

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

It’s Been An Amazing 21 Years For Grace

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Showcase

Five Receive Let ‘Em Play Scholarship

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

News

Unity Week To Take Place Week of President’s Day

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Showcase

Basketball Looks to Finish Season Strong

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

News

Graduation Rates Bump Up Slightly

• Showcase

Four Wrestlers Qualify For State This Weekend

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

News

National Honors Society Hosts Valentine’s Day Fundraiser

• Timber Joins Havrilla Family

Showcase

Girl’s Basketball Gearing Up For Stretch Run

Timber Joins Havrilla Family