SUN Offers New Opportunities

Damein+Roache+sits+at+his+desk+doing+some+paperwork.++SUN+offeres+new+after+school+opportunities+for+students.++
Damein Roache sits at his desk doing some paperwork.  SUN offeres new after school opportunities for students.

Damein Roache sits at his desk doing some paperwork. SUN offeres new after school opportunities for students.

Young

Young

Adnan Agic, Staff Writer

The CHS Sun Club is having a complete overhaul as Damein Roache steps in as the new person in charge.

Now with Roache in charge there will be new opportunities and classes for students to participate in. The SUN club will also be partnered with college possible, credit recovery, REAP, and jobs 101 to help students out.

Cooking will help students build basic cooking skills in order to improve their abilities. It will also focus on the overall ability to cook and help get students to the fundamental level of cooking to be successful. Some examples of things that will be made are soups, along with crepes and a variety of other things. The course will be held on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30.

Movement and Body is a class led by Sandra Boggs and it will be a combination of a Zumba and bootcamp class to help get kids active and moving.

Hip Hop Don’t Stop is a class led by Alyssia Holmes and it will primarily be a dance where kids can enjoy and get along while listening to songs they all enjoy.

Tutoring will still be a program at SUN that starts at 2:45 after school and will be students helping other students. It will be overseen by adults primarily by Tarren Sewell and mostly all classes will be able to get tutoring except for chemistry as there are no tutors. If students are interested in being a tutor though they can always come in and sign up.

Art Studio class will be led by Janice Yang every Wednesday from 3-5 pm. In this class students will learn how to use a variety of art mediums and have freedom to create any types of artwork they want. All art supplies will be provided.

SUN opportunities change often; students are encouraged to stop by the SUN Board outside room 145  for the most current offerings.

• News

Tomorrow Marks First Eagle Expo Of Year

• SUN Offers New Opportunities

News

FAFSA Open Now

• SUN Offers New Opportunities

New Year Brings New Assignments

• SUN Offers New Opportunities

Teams Attempt To Raise Freshmen Success Rates

• SUN Offers New Opportunities

ASL Comes To Life

• SUN Offers New Opportunities

Homecoming Week Was Full Of Excitement

• SUN Offers New Opportunities

News

Parking Permits Available

• SUN Offers New Opportunities

Dress Code Helps Keep Student Focus

• SUN Offers New Opportunities

Core Leaves CHS After 21 Years; Heads To Arizona

• SUN Offers New Opportunities

Chromebooks Or Macs; District Faces Dillema

SUN Offers New Opportunities