Boys Soccer Ends With Loss To Lake Oswego

Tahj+Pamphille
Tahj Pamphille

Tahj Pamphille

Vawter

Vawter

Tahj Pamphille

Sonam Phuntsok, Staff Writer

The Eagles finished the season in respectable fashion with a 6-6-3 record and a league record of 4-1-2. Their last game of the season was a first round playoff game against Lake Oswego which ended in a 1-0 loss for the Eagles.

Coach-of-the-year Todd Saks said, “I wish it (the Lake Oswego game) had gone better. I feel like we dominated them and couldn’t put one in the back of the net. They scored early and just bunkered in. We put a lot of pressure on them. In the end they just started booting the ball out of bounds.”Miller

The Eagles had a lot of young talent this year which they can hope to build on for seasons to come. Saks said, “I knew we had talent this year but we were young. Sometimes that doesn’t pan out in high school soccer. We had a tough preseason that seasoned the young players. As we proceeded into league I knew we wouldn’t face the same level of competition so I felt good about our chances.”

Vawter
Nathan Feltner and Miguel Carillo

Senior Captain Miguel Carrillo was awarded First Team MHC defender as well as the MHC Defensive Player-of-the-Year. Junior Nate Feltner received Second Team all league midfielder as well a most-improved on the team alongside with Sophomore Noel Beltran.  Beltran was awarded honorable mention as a defender. Sophomore Angel Garcia also received Second Team midfielder alongside Feltner. Junior Gabriel Jaramillo earned a spot as a First Team goalkeeper and senior Selvyn Larios was awarded Honorable Mention as a defender. Gabe Jaramillo and Selvyn Larios were also named Most Inspirational for the Eagles. Freshman Aye Doh Chan was named a First Team all league forward. Senior Tahj Pamphile and sophomore Jair Navarro received Honorable Mention as midfielders. Lastly, junior Kevin Perez was awarded Honorable Mention as a defender.

Saks has high hopes and expectations for the Eagles next season. He said, “I expect us to be right back at the top and getting the conference championship. We will return, if all goes right, 7 out of 11 starters next year.” 

Vawter
Tahj Pamphille

About the Writer
Sonam Phuntsok, Staff Writer
Senior Sonam Phuntsok is a second year journalist for The Talon. He is a big sports enthusiast , and especially likes basketball.  Phuntsok enjoys spending time with friends and family but basketball is always on his mind.  He also enjoys listening to rap music. He was given a basketball before he could walk and since...
  • Boys Soccer Ends With Loss To Lake Oswego

Core Leaves CHS After 21 Years; Heads To Arizona

Chromebooks Or Macs; District Faces Dillema

Rugby Earns Trophy With First Win

Sonam Reflects On Basketball Career

Opinion

Should the Consequences of Skipping Class Increase?

Eli Wraps 4 Years Of Hoops

Ree Returns To Court

Cam Gives Incoming Frosh A Few Tips

Doumit Praises Poetsch On His Way Out

Ado Reveals His Top 5 High School Moments