Key Club Heads to Seattle

Centennial Key Club is heading to Seattle for the 67th Annual District Convention. Club members will leave on the March 18 and stay in Seattle until March 20.

Key Club is an international student-led organization that gives members the opportunities of providing services, building character and develop leadership.

Key Club do bunch of activities. They develop leaderships and initiative, provide experiences of living and working together, services for school and community and preparing themselves for a useful citizenship. Members focus on humanity and spiritual rather than material values of life and encouraging daily living of Golden Rule to all human relationships.

Members promotes an adoption and application of high-standards in scholarship, sportsmanship and social contacts. Members maintain a sound public opinion and high idealism to increase righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.  Another activity will involve meeting new people and forming friendships and making the communities be a better place for others.

Senior President of Key Club, Tommy Nguyen said, “When I was a new student at Centennial High School I wanted to share amazing experiences and opportunities I was given at David Douglas through their Key Club to students at CHS.”

So he created the  Key Club for Centennial. “I like the unbreakable bonds that are not only with the kids around PNW District, but Kiwanians who spend a lot of times trying to better the world,” he said. “ Another reason why I like it because anyone from anywhere with whatever background can feel welcomed, too.”